POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fitting a texture to an object.. : Re: Fitting a texture to an object.. Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fitting a texture to an object..
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 12 Aug 2008 15:08:29
Message: <48a1dfad@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance in this, but what am I supposed to see? The images in
> p.b.i. are not clear for me. What is a sculpty editor by the way?
>
> Thomas

Sculpty is the name given to the displacement map used in Second Life to
make.. basically what I suppose would be the equivalent of a POVRay
isosurface. Mind you, its way more primitive than that. lol

I am experimenting with an alternative method of generating both them
and textures to be mapped onto them. The reason being that the various
editors designed for making them are either too damn limited, or have
annoying problems in them, which make it really hard to produce a good
result. At least not unless you know smoothing tricks that I don't, you
don't mind mesh glitches (or can afford to hide them), or you are just
really damn good at Blender. Needless to say, the answer in my case to
those four issues is, I don't know the tricks, I do mind glitches, I
can't afford to hide them (the more objects you use, the closer to the
limit you get for how many are allowed) and I can't do jack with Blender
at this point. lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {